View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 05:49 PM   #48
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623
So, I finally decided to upgrade to the latest firmware (which was hard, since it means giving up root access). I now see that you can't even scp/sftp to the device. It seems that the account it tries to log in as has changed from reader to sreader. So, to get it working, you have to edit the file /mnt/ext1/applications/pb_sshd/etc/ssh/sshd_config and change the following line:

Code:
AllowUsers reader
to:

Code:
AllowUsers reader sreader
You also need to use sreader as the login name:

Code:
ssh -p 1124 sreader@<IP-address>
or

Code:
scp -P 1124 mypdf.txt sreader@<IP-address>:/mnt/ext2/
I'll update the README and config file in the uploaded package in a while. If you edit the file by hand, make sure your editor doesn't add any extra characters to the end (specifically, any carriage returns).

Edit: updated package available in the first message in this thread.

Last edited by rkomar; 06-30-2012 at 06:14 PM.
rkomar is online now   Reply With Quote