Thread: PRS-T1 Modified Sony home screen
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 04:06 PM   #303
pssquirrel
ebooknut
pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkl View Post
So, I re-ran the install with an earlier version of the update script and it works, even on my wonky device I can't believe I was struggling all this time with a non-existing problem

The package at http://morkl.se/reader/JuneReader.zip has been updated, and if I don't hear about any critical bugs I'll put it up at SourceForge in the weekend
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Good news The latest June version of the modified EbookReader app installed easily and correctly on a never-rooted T1 and has survived 2 full reboots without incident. The time is displayed in the bottom status bar of each book and all my css is working.
This is great news! Thank you so much Morkl, jackie_w, and everyone else who has helped out.

If you want to use the no-root version but can't (or don't want to) run the flash_reader.bat file (because you're on a Mac or Linux or whatever), I can now confirm that the Mac/Linux rooting instructions from the Wiki and Boroda appear to work on Morkl's install_noroot version. This is what I did, and so far it appears to be working fine:
  • Download and unzip Morkl's EbookReader.
  • Copy the "reader" folder to the root directory of your T1's Reader partition.
  • Open the "install_noroot" folder and copy the "PRS-T1 Update.package" file and the two folders inside the "sdcard" folder ("updates" and "tmp") to the Reader partition.
  • You should now have 4 new items in the root directory of your T1's Reader partition: "reader" folder, "PRS-T1 Update.package" file, "updates" folder and "tmp" folder.
  • Shutdown T1.
  • Hold the Home and Menu buttons together, and while holding them down, turn on your T1. Hold the buttons for at least 5 seconds after the "Opening Book" screen appears (I waited until the progress bar finished), then release the buttons.
  • Wait, and it should flash and boot in normal mode.
  • Edit reader.xml and css files (in the "reader" folder) as desired.
  • Enjoy new reader app!

Last edited by pssquirrel; 07-12-2012 at 11:15 AM. Reason: updated info