View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 10:42 AM   #8
Quexos
In limbo
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Ipad Mini Retina
Yes and a great example is the tritherapy which is so far the best way to treat AIDS. It has been around for what ? 10 years now and as everybody knows AIDS has almost disappeared from Africa thanks to the "democratization" of that treatment sold in African countries at a very cheap price ... OR NOT !

If anything you are not cynical enough when considering human nature and greed.
I have no admiration at all for that team who, let's face it, must be thinking about all the money they will be making off this new technology a little more than its actual benefits for all mankind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I think you two are being a bit too cynical. Of course the rich will be the first to benefit, just as they are from any new technology, but technology has a way of becoming democratized and widespread among all classes.

I have nothing but admiration for the team at the Boston Children's Hospital who developed this innovation. Well done!
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote