View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 09:11 AM   #20
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3G, iPad 3, iPad Air
The issue is that I can't *find* the original action when the dynamic part is included in the name.

So a user on the configuration screen picks a menu item - at the time they configure it the path to that menu item might be something like:
["Reading List", "View list", "Foo (10)"]

So long as the user only keeps 10 items on that Foo list, then all would work fine

However obviously they don't. Every time my menu is clicked on to show, I have to walk through all the plugins to "find" the related menu item again, in order to build my Favourites Menu. It could be that in the interim since it was last shown that the user has reconfigured the menu for this plugin, reconfigured the menus for another plugin, uninstalled another plugin etc etc. So when my plugin goes to find "Foo (10)" within the "View list" menu, it won't find it if the user has changed the contents of that list.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote