View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 05:19 AM   #1
plib
Guru
plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
"Copy to Libary (delete after copy)" - Placement Suggestion

I've put this in Library Management as it seems most logical, please move if more appropriate in Development or somewhere else.

I maintain a few libraries for different purposes. The main working library is on my local machine but I copy lot of books onto a networked library on a NAS to make them available to any machine in the house.

When I select a book to copy to "Calibre Network" the selection "Copy to library (delete after copy)" is directly below the "Copy to Library" line. On a number of occasions I've found myself on the point of deleting a book after copying because the mouse pointer has slipped down a few pixels.

To my mind it would make more sense to segregate the (delete after copy) selections in a separate section of the menu, e.g. lines 1-4 = Copy to library a/d, insert separator line, and lines 5-8 = Copy to libary a/d (delete after copy), rather than having the delete option right next to the copy option.

This would reduce the possibility of inadvertently deleting a book from my main, master library on copy.
plib is offline   Reply With Quote