View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 03:52 PM   #80
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_nobody View Post
Source or is this just your opinion?
Well...without compromising myself, let's just say that I work in the industry, I am paid to analyse trends, modus-operandi of competitors, etc.

I will just place this at your feet....

It was Asus that premiered the more-than-mock up concept hardware at the last show, Asus already had the model number and not code concept. Asus was approached after-the-fact by Google (tm) and negotiations for their ghost branding of the Google Nexus 7 was entered.

In my 40 years of trend following, and modus, I submit the reason that Asus did not release...[ please translate as delayed and/or deferred]...their consumer-conscious name-branded that is worth millions to Asus alone in that fact,...7 inch format that they do NOT have on the market,...and thus was the motive force behind the MeMo 370T,----is because they not only entered a very lucrative (Google) sub-supply manufacturing contract, but had every intention once the dust settled, and in heading into the most important marketing event (the holidays), that their own ORIGINAL product mapping would then proceed. They need a 7 inch format, and under their own innovative branding. What would make someone buy the later released Asus MeMo 370T over the Google Nexus 7? Simply....a fully featured and power tweaked offering in the 7 inch catagory that is only a few dollars more (in light of what it would offer for total feedom of experience). They will sell a ton...., and I will be waitng.

I can wait, because the Kobo guys n' gals gave us a real, and truly gold update for the Vox. I can easily wait for my next 7 inch format because of that.

I'll just leave you with that to ponder. Of course, what you do...and what you procure shall always be your business.

Cheers!

With respect,

R.P.

Last edited by Reader Paradice; 06-29-2012 at 04:10 PM. Reason: typo
Reader Paradice is offline   Reply With Quote