View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 04:04 PM   #34
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PRS-650, iPhone 4, iPad 4
Hmm. The glow model was firmly in my sights but this does give me pause. I travel enough that the extra weight of a lighted cover for my Sony is noticeable, especially while hand-holding it for hours on long flights.

No, I don't intentionally drop stuff on my e-readers. But my screen needs to withstand, say, some keys dropping on it without showing the sort of damage that blogger claims. I frequently read while I eat. It is certainly possible (maybe probable for me, lol) that I'll accidentally slide some silverware across, on drop onto, the screen. I don't even use a microfiber cloth to clean it 100% of the time. Sometimes a napkin makes do.

I don't think this is "inevitable" for front-lit screens. A scratch resistant coating should be the top layer.