View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 11:52 AM   #15
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
In any case, the OP should make a backup copy of his mmcblk0p1 before writing the US version to his mmc. Then he could compare them to see what he changed (ignoring the 3G driver differences).

Another concern is IF there is 3G-specific stuff in the kernel. If the 3G stuff is all loadable kernel modules, then probably no problem with kernel differences.
Its just ppp over a usb serial line. Other than standard kernel drivers for usb serial, nothing special about the kernel.

Hmm...
It seems that I have seen a "firmware loader" in some of the images I have looked at which would do a firmware upload to the "other arm" (3G card) on boot up.

But the one(s) I was looking at didn't have a firmware image to upload (just using the default image in the 3G SoC).

That would be another good reason to keep a copy of that "broken" firmware image. There might be a GB specific 3G SoC firmware image in it.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote