View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 12:22 PM   #4
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'd honestly advise you to get a cheap laptop to take you through the first part of the academic year, then get a proper Windows 8 tablet when they appear. This isn't the right time to be buying a Windows tablet.
I agree with Harry here. Using Windows without the Metro UI that will come with Windows 8 is really kludgy at best. Even with Windows 8 I am not sure how well it will work since not all of the windows apps necessarily have been updated to work with fingers.

If you need a tablet, think long and hard about how important the windows apps you want to run are and whether there are alternatives for iOS or Android.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote