Thread: PRS-T1 Modified Sony home screen
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 06:10 PM   #297
Morkl
Connoisseur
Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.

Device: PRS-T1
So, I re-ran the install with an earlier version of the update script and it works, even on my wonky device I can't believe I was struggling all this time with a non-existing problem

The package at http://morkl.se/reader/JuneReader.zip has been updated, and if I don't hear about any critical bugs I'll put it up at SourceForge in the weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfiriel View Post
Haven't thought about the problems coming up with a dynamic number of homescreens before, sorry.
Your thoughts about the troubles of a scrollable grid because of the screen updates are absolutely comprehensible, but I won't be happy with a solution of next/prev buttons too - there're already next/prev buttons for the different homescreens. So I'm afraid that it'll be confusing if there are some buttons to browse inside one screen, too!

So what about something like shown in the attachement below?

I imagine as follows: by wiping over the screen the whole page should turn (not step by step reminding the problem of screen updates ).
So there aren't confusing buttons and the problem of screen updates isn't there either.

Hope you would like my idea.
Yep, I like that layout better than having more buttons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfiriel View Post
Regardless of this, I had another little luxury problem
By using Sonys stock gallery app "Pictures", there are shown the icons of the "..\homemod\icons" folder and that really bothered me. Luckily I found a solution for this, too:
  • Open Windows stock Editor (haven't testet it with any other)
  • Go to "File" -> "Save as..."
  • Brose to "..\homemod\icons"
  • Set ".nomedia" as filename (the dot is important!)
  • choose "all filetypes (*.*)" for filetype
  • Save
Now all media files in this folder and any subfolder of it won't be shown anymore
Another thing to add to the defaults in a future Homescreen update

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietro View Post
it would also be nice if in the t1 one could add bookmarks either by tapping on the screen (as now) or also by a menu like in my daughter's prs650 where you click "settings" and choose "add bookmark". I always have to tap 3-4 times to place a bookmark in my T1.
A menu way in addition to the corner-tap? Might be useful, I guess. Personally, I'd prefer for the corner-tap to be a bit more responsive though, perhaps with a slightly larger area to make it more compatible with my sausage fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsam1390 View Post
Iwas rooted my t1 two week ago , but for second time i rooted but i missing home action , when i push home button no action happend
Not sure I understand what the problem is; there is a known problem with the home button not working correctly in apps that where started from the modified Homescreen, is this the problem you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeno_ View Post
Does this introduce tap to turn pages in the reader app by any chance?
Sorry, no. The new version should stop the touch input problems from older firmware versions though.