This is overdue, but four months ago I got a hard-sided zipper case by Case Logic
I glossed over the part in the description that said it was intended for the Sony Reader Pocket Edition
. As is, it doesn't fit the T1. Almost, but not quite. So, rather than send it back I modified it!
I ripped out the cushiony back part with the corner straps and made my own insert from a piece of craft foam board cut to size. I covered it with black fabric. Then I mounted a piece of black elastic horizontally at the top and one at the bottom (just above the T1's buttons). Glued my new custom insert into the case and voila!
I also removed the Case Logic logo from the front. It's metal and protrudes into the interior of the case; I think if any real pressure were exerted while the cover's closed, it could break the screen.
Pictures! (Click for bigger versions.)
Exterior. The indent with the two holes, lower center, is what remains after removing the Case Logic logo.
Interior. Please make note of my superior sewing skills on the black fabric insert. The white cat hair adds a nice contrast and makes it extra
Ereader strapped in and ready to go. My T1 wears a silicone skin
(a case and a silicone skin serve completely different purposes.) to cover the shiny bezel. There's enough room for the stylus next to the reader.
Close-up of the stylus, hooked over the elastic strap.