View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 03:08 PM   #4
Joseph Picard
Enthusiast
Joseph Picard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph Picard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph Picard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph Picard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph Picard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph Picard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph Picard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph Picard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph Picard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph Picard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph Picard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Hah.. I mean to demonstrate that I'm the king of typos, which is why I have 4 editors. "LIKE the cover".

Derp.

As for gore vs deathcount.. a death can be merely a statistic. (Kill a million people in a book, and you'd be hard pressed to detail each)

But gore? Is messy, up close, and descriptive. Bit o' viscera, blood splatters, gurgling, coughing screams, etc. I find I need a lot less of that than some people like. When I want to draw attention to some specific death(s) I might take that route, but I don't consider it mandatory to get the story told. It all depends on the situation.
Joseph Picard is offline   Reply With Quote