View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 02:28 AM   #4
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Nexus S, Galaxy S, Nook Color, iPhone4, iPT4, iPad 2012
Yes, well, I don't think a download cart would be of much use to most e-ink devices anyway. The most likely method to implement the cart you're requesting is to put all the selected books in a single zip archive which you can download when you check out. I'm not sure if the Kindle would know how to handle a bunch of MOBI files inside a ZIP file or if it even has enough processing power and memory to handle such a task. My PRS-350 hanged while viewing a catalog of my library created with Calibre (700KB ncx file).

If not that, then another possible option would be to use the Send-to-Kindle E-mail feature.

That said, a download all feature is something that should be implemented on the reader/client and not the server (at least for ebooks). I realize this is quite difficult to implement for normal websites which often have complex layouts and links but I think OPDS, with its clearly defined mime-types, should be doable even with the feeble hardware found on most e-ink readers.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote