Changes in this plugin:
- Now requires calibre 0.8.57
- Store configuration settings in the calibre library database rather than a json file, to allow reuse from different computers (not simultaneously!)
- Add a support option to the configuration dialog allowing viewing the plugin data stored in the database
- Remove the additional menu items for individual word/page counts added in v1.4.0 as cluttered the interface
I've got a number of plugin updates that will be released today based around calibre 0.8.57, taking advantage of a new feature to store plugin settings inside the calibre library. The benefit of this is for users that store their library in a shared network location and use calibre from multiple machines (though never at the same time - that limitation hasn't changed!). Your plugin configuration settings which are specific to each library (such as custom column names, book exemptions, reading lists etc) will be automatically kept in sync when calibre is next opened on each machine.
Specifically for this Count Pages plugin it means you will no longer have to repeatedly setup the page/word custom column names for each library on each machine.
The other change was to rip out the additional menu options I introduced in 1.4.0. Having tried it for a few weeks it was an experiment which annoyed me from a usability viewpoint - it gave too many options to think about every time you dropped down the menu. If you only want word or page count, the behaviour is as it was previously - just configure the associated custom column for that option, and the single menu option works out what you want from that.
EDIT: I just found an issue I didn't catch before release - for the few of you that downloaded before I spotted it, please just hit the Install button again (version number is the same).