View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 10:00 AM   #4
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC Flyer; BBMini; Sony PRS650; Onyx Boox T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by xg4bx View Post
"There's no disputing that travelers are infinitely more connected -- to work, to friends, to family, to the Twitter followers they've never met -- than just a few years ago.

But just how connected are they? And how does it change their travels?

A new survey by Intel Corp. found that travelers had an emotional bond with their mobile devices to the point of feeling calmer and less stressed when they could tap into their technology while vacationing. Almost half of U.S. travelers admitted they felt anxious traveling without a mobile computing device.

Among young adults, 87 percent actually reported they felt happier when traveling with their devices. Respondents to the 2,500-person survey even ranked losing their mobile computing device as more stressful than losing their wedding ring (77 percent verus 55 percent). The only thing more stressful than losing a mobile device was losing a wallet.

"We found a stark contrast in the way people used to travel and the way they travel today," said Mike Fard, Intel ambassador, which means he translates technology concepts for the less-savvy. "They have an increased expectation of what technology can do and to always being connected."

http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/travele...5#.T-LburXwup1

has someone invented a word for technology-induced mental illness yet?
Mobile computing device... Does that include an e-ink ereader? Because I can go on holiday without any mobile computing device without trouble, but I must bring my ereader... I just can't live without my books...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote