View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 10:56 PM   #1
CuriousGuy
CuriousGuy began at the beginning.

Device: Android 2.3.6 Phone
Question Convert book with Series in Title?

I'm new to Calibre. I was wondering if it is possible to convert an ebook (from epub to epub) but change how Calibre does the name? I have a lot of books that are in series. I would like to know if there is a way to change the way the conversion works? I have tried (and remarkably succeeded) in making a metadata plugboard. I got it so that I could "Save to Disk" and the title of the epub was what I wanted.

Author/Title/Series - Series Index - Title

So, one series would be:

Christopher Paolini/Eragon/Inheritance - 01 - Eragon.epub
Christopher Paolini/Eldest/Inheritance - 02 - Eldest.epub
Christopher Paolini/Brisingr/Inheritance - 03 - Brisingr.epub
Christopher Paolini/Inheritance/Inheritance - 04 - Inheritance.epub

It worked properly when Send to Disk and Send to Device. However, when I sent it to my Android phone and imported it into Aldiko, it only showed the regular Title. The same thing happened when I Send to Disk. After I did that I removed the books from my Library and then re-added them. Same thing. I realize that the .opf file shows the original metadata. I'm guessing what I changed didn't change the metadata, only the file name.

So is there a way to change the actual Title following the same pattern as what works with a plugboard? I'm more than willing to convert the books that are parts of series. I'm just hoping there is a way to do so without having to individually edit each book in each series.

I only want this to be for books that are in a series. If it's a regular book then I would want the conversion to work the way it does now. I realize it might be something where I have to enable one type of conversion to do this. King of like applying one plugboard over another.

Thanks in advance for any and all help you can give. As I said, I've very new to Calibre and the little that I've accomplished has been done over a three day period of a lot of post reading/trial and error. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks.
CuriousGuy is offline   Reply With Quote