View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 10:40 PM   #1
MikeMJ
Constant Reader
MikeMJ began at the beginning.

Device: HTC Sensation 4G (Kindle software)
Question Android device where ONLY the SD card is visible

I have an Android phone (an HTC Sensation 4G) that can connect via USB, but when it does, only the SD card is accessible.

The Android driver (I'm using Calibre 0.8.56) automatically detects the device, but the original configuration of the plugin used the path "mnt/sdcard/kindle". Because the root of the visible file system is the SD card, this created the "mnt" and "sdcard" folders, and then created a "kindle" folder at the end of that path. As all of the books actually on the SD card are in the folder "kindle" (at the root of the SD card), Calibre didn't detect any of them, and attempts to Send To Device added files in a folder that the e-reader software on the phone can't see.

I changed the configuration of the android plugin (deleted the folder name from the template, so it is now "{title} - {authors}", and changed the directory list to "kindle, mnt/sdcard/kindle". As a result, Calibre now retrieves information about the books on the device (I'm on my way to the promised land of automatic synchronization!). But there's a problem.

When I try to Send To Device, Calibre reports:
calibre, version 0.8.56
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

The reader has no storage card in this slot.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 82, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 412, in _upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 256, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\device.py", line 978, in _sanity_check
ValueError: The reader has no storage card in this slot.

I am guessing that this is caused by the fact that the Android driver is looking for "mnt/sdcard/", and not finding it.

Can you suggest any work-around to get Calibre to use the same rules for sending to the device that it uses for reading from the device?
MikeMJ is offline   Reply With Quote