View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 06:14 PM   #483
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSmarties View Post
Thanks for the quick reply, JSWolf!

Why "thankfully" Other than price, what don't you like about it?

Also, I know about rechargeable batteries, I've been using them for years.

I just like the idea of a case with a built-in light that you never need to worry about - it just works, all you need to do is charge your reader and you're good to go.

(I have a PRS-T1 - my first ereader ever - on the way but haven't gotten it yet. Making the wait easier by looking for all the things I could do once I have it, and that includes getting a case! )
I don't like it because having the light draw power from the reader battery means you'll get less life between charges and you'll need to charge your reader more often causing the life of the battery to drop before it's time. my reader's battery will last longer if I'm not drawing power from it to power a light.

As for the eneloop batteries, they are not the same as the rechargables you are used to. They charge about 1500 times and they are very slow to drain so you don't have to worry about not having power in them.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote