View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 07:23 PM   #182
goldilocks
Addict
goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I noticed in the picture examples of "Fine Tune" it says: Scanner Setting: ScanSnap S1500.

I got a Fujitsu ScanSnap S1500 (wonder if it is the same!) auto-feed scanner for my b-day last year. I have scanned over 100 pbooks. It will save as pdf, searchable pdf, word, excel, send to email.... It also has several settings for color, b&w, gray... I don't see any kind of "Fine Tune" though. It came with AbbyFineReader (may only be used with ScanSnap) and it also came with Adobe Acrobat 9 Standard.

I have no problem "ripping" a book apart and scanning while doing other things. It does take time proofreading and fixing.

I guess I might consider this service if I had some hardcover books I wanted scanned.
Also they only hold the books for 2 weeks after scanning (even though the file is available for 30 days). I may not get the time to review it before it gets recycled.

So right now I cannot justify spending $1 to scan 200 pages (plus shipping costs), but this has been an interesting thread!

Karen
goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote