View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 05:35 PM   #49
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Tense is something I often have problems with. For example, if you write in the past tense about something which is still the case.

If I'm writing a brief review - bad memory - of a book I've just read, should I say:

"While I read this book I became totally absorbed by the sense of place which (was or is? The book still exists.) depicted with small telling details by the author."

This is a bad example; but I can't think of anything better right now.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote