Originally Posted by gr2mx
I have a K4NT that is bricked and I was unsuccessful to unbrick it based on this thread and silver 18 guide.
What I was able to do :
- Use MgfTool
- Use FastBoot mode to flash diags and main kernel
- Boot to diags
- Go to usb device mode to copy the mmcblkop1 partition to /mnt/us
- SSH in diags mode by using usb network
- write mmcblk0p1 using dd (seems to be successfull according to the dd output)
- zeroed mmcbll0p3
- set boot target to main with idme
What didn't work :
- seems stuck at the rebooting stage (nothing happens, even after a long time like 10 minutes)
Others info that may help :
- All the images used for flashing and dd are from here
, as given in the first post
- I was running 4.1.0 before it was bricked.
- If the ENABLE_DIAGS is present, rebooting it from the diags mode will put it back in diags mode as expected.
- Using MgfTool and trying to boot to diags succeds
- Using MgfTool and trying to boot to main, fails.
My guess :
There is something wrong with my main.
Either there may be something wrong with the mmblck0p1 image or with the kernel (I've tried dowloading them again and redid the process, without improvment). Or there is some incompability because I was in 4.1.0 and try restoring to 4.0.1. I am loss at how to go forward. Any ideas regarding further steps and things to try are warmly appreciated.
I was referencing the above post from this morning.
Originally Posted by geekmaster
I do not understand -- is the wrong kernel uploaded?
The link included in the post shows both main and diag images, but only one kernel.
So I think this poster's problem is a mismatched main kernel - main image.