View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 06:44 PM   #234
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by John the Miner View Post
Unfortunately. that depends on whether or not the "publishers" of the books use proofreaders; I don't think they do (as a matter of fact, I'm sure they don't) and it seems, from what I've read in the short time I've been reading these threads, that this profound fact has suddenly burst upon the ebook world to the amazement of the buyers of same (at a much cheaper price than the old-fashioned book store's price).
As I said earlier, you pay for what you get.
People continually letting the world know about how they're "proofreading" ebooks and correcting the mistakes they find, maybe in hopes of getting the suppliers to fix them up and return whatever they paid for them, are missing the whole point ... that is, the publishers couldn't care less about the literals their books contain. Why should they?
They've already got your money.
Wasn't it a Mister Barnum who said, "There's one born every minute"?
There are always buyers out there who will pay less and expect more.
And I'd love to compare the results of what amateurs consider as "proofreading" to what a professional can find in the same text.
We don't buy eBooks and hope they don't have any errors. We buy eBooks and they shouldn't have any extra errors introduced. Why is it you think we are suckers for buying eBooks? That's rather insulting. You should be apologizing to everyone who's ever bought an eBook.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote