View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 02:36 PM   #20
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD; Nexus 7; PRS-350, 950; Kindle K; OnePlus One; Galaxy S4; MBP.
I can't tell you how happy I am to find such a lovingly created epub version of the Raven edition. These are the volumes I read and eventually owned growing up, and now I needn't worry about troubling their cracked bindings and cabbage-thick pages.

Thanks again!

By the way, crich: The "five-volume omnibus" on Gutenberg is probably the same raw text used for pynch's edition (since the Raven edition is in five volumes, is part of the Gutenberg library and is the only such five-volume set listed), so I suspect you've both created different versions from the same source. But how exactly are five volumes that comprise Poe's collected works an omnibus in the sense of being one volume, if the epub edition in question reproduces the order and formatting of those separate volumes within a kind of meta-volume? You have not only individual works collected, but, at least in Pynch's case, the volumes of the complete collection intact.

Besides which, an omnibus needn't be complete. I happen to prefer complete works or collected works if the book in question does not consist of certain previously published books by one writer or an anthology of related books by a few. My edition of three novels by Thomas Love Peacock is an omnibus, but Peacock wrote far more books than that.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 06-16-2012 at 03:08 PM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote