View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 10:35 PM   #54
Kboland
Zealot
Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, iPod Touch, Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
Sounds like you're using the rather lightweight drawn maps rather than the satellite photo maps and Street View...
Nope, been using sat maps and street view on my rooted Vox for months now without issue, and just tested both and they work flawlessly after the update. The only setting on which my unit seems to struggle with is the terrain maps, which is not surprising as hill shaded topographic images can carry more data than even the higher resolution sat photos. Just for fun I played with the terrain maps on my computer for comparison, and even with 8 gigs of ram it was struggling a bit compared to the ease at which it handles higher res sat imagery, so it's not surprising the Vox seems to have trouble with them .

Just a guess, but issues that might be arising for some users in the Google Maps app may stem from slower wifi connections.

Last edited by Kboland; 06-15-2012 at 11:04 PM.
Kboland is offline   Reply With Quote