View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 01:40 PM   #13
Le_Tigre
Member
Le_Tigre began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 16
Karma: 10
Join Date: Feb 2012
Device: PRS-T1
thanks that you do take the pain on realising this. it might actually turn my prs-t1 into something I could work on / study with.

i tried to remove the coded 200 char limit from the reader (or better: enlarge it to 2000 chars (like it was on the older models)) - but failed to get it back on the reader via a install/update script. well I'm way to unexperienced to mess around with code i guess and finaly did not dare to push it after someone told me how to change system apps.
(the changes where rather easy to realise if someone knows what he actually is doing - (well - i did not )

but if i get it right pdf-loc actually will also prevent the error (text not found due to the strings beeing translated different...). so it even seems a better way to realise as it will keep the reader sql database smaler and solve the prob. mentioned in my first post.

i'll have a look if i can find any comments on how this could be realised and post them (if i find any)!

might even try to write to sony if they have any indications on how this could be realised...
Le_Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote