Originally Posted by DrNefario
Maybe they'll offer some I don't have, later.
If the Greenwood books pop up free in the UK, you won't already have had them because they haven't been offered for the 99 cent intro promos yet.
To summarize, 5 free books thus far DRM-free via iTunes (apparently not available in all regions, but at least 3 officially meant as multi-store promos) and slowly being pricematched by other venues. All have discounted further-in-series and here are the feature posts with appropriate linkage in the main Deals forum for them:
- Wine of Violence by Priscilla Royal (Medieval Mystery series set at a religious order w/travel)
- Artifacts by Mary Anna Evans (Faye Longchamp series contemporary archaeological w/travel)
- Cocaine Blues by Kerry Greenwood (Phryne Fisher series historical 20s-30s upper class set w/travel)
- Earthly Delights by Kerry Greenwood (Corinna Chapman comedic-looking gimmick cozy series set at bakery w/recipes)
- In the Shadow of the Glacier by Vicki Delany (contemporary police procedural set in Canada)
In addition, you can pick up some 17-odd volumes in Steven F. Havill's Posadas County Mystery series (recommended by sufue on page 2 of this thread
), plus the 1st in an historical mystery series by the same author for ~$2.90 + $0.40 Reward Bucks DRM-free from Books on Board (sale-priced $4.99 most other venues, but couponable via Kobo though DRM there).
I'll do a dedicated promo post later once I've dug up the places which have the 1st in series, which was a 99 cent intro special earlier, also at a discount, but right now I really want to catch up on missed sleep, so here's some direct shopping linkage
for anyone who's read said 1st and is inclined to pick them up now.
Here's the series numbering order from PPP's author page for Havill
to help you figure out what to read when.
Also, fellow MR member author Libby Fischer Hellman's four PPP-published Ellie Foreman mysteries are just $2.32 each from BoB
. They were previously $3.49 couponable at Kobo and PPP's website sells them for that same price
, but they seem to have disappeared from all the official stores so I don't know what's going on with that and whether the author has reclaimed the rights to yank and KDP Select exclusivize like she's done for her other titles.
In any case, she's got a tie-in freebie short story available to all @ Smashwords
which leads into the 1st-in-series, if you're interested.