View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 12:24 AM   #9
ErinLindsey
ErinLindsey began at the beginning.

Device: K-Fire, Kindle 2, Kindle 3, Kobo, iPad3, iPad Mini, HTC Evo
I bought my Kobo last summer when Borders was having their going out of business sale. My Kobo is great! I have two e-ink Kindles (a K2 and a K3) and a Kindle Fire, and lately I've been doing more reading on my Kobo than the other three readers. (I download fanfiction in epub format from the internet, and have been reading fanfic more than commercial books lately)

I havent had a problem yet with the page turn button cracking or anything. I make sure not to use my fingernails to press the buttons. Little worried that my fingernails will damage the buttons. My Kobo has always had a cover (learned that lesson from the Kindles). The Kobo might ride around in my purse a lot, but it's held up just as well as the Kindles have.

My only issue is battery life. I charge my Kindles every couple of months. (the Fire gets charged more often, every few weeks, more often if I use it a lot)

The Kobo gets charged every couple of weeks, but I realized that it's battery life lasts longer if I turn the Kobo off completely when I'm not using it. It's not quite like the Kindle 3 where I can leave the Kindle on screensaver with the wifi turned off for nearly a month and still have a decent charge. If I'm parking the Kobo for any length of time, it gets turned off completely. I try to make sure to leave the wifi off on all my e-readers.
ErinLindsey is offline   Reply With Quote