View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 10:58 PM   #1
Hoods7070
Zealot
Hoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notes

Device: Nexus 7"
All user plugins won't install ...

When kiwidude released the last update for Quality check - I (as usual) went to get it, but an error was returned:

calibre, version 0.8.55
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>error</b>:[Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 718, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 869, in _download_zip
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.4-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_response.py", line 190, in read
File "socket.py", line 351, in read
File "httplib.py", line 561, in read
File "socket.py", line 380, in read
error: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

I uninstalled and reinstalled Calibre (using Revo) tried again, and got the same message. Then out of the blue, I was able to install three of kiwidude's plugins I always use, but when I tried to install a fourth (Manage Series) I got the error again. When I closed the plugin GUI and "applied" the changes - none of the three successful installs had taken on the toolbar. So I am still pluginless and frustrated!

I then went back and tried a random plugin from another developer but got the same thing.

Any suggestions??
Hoods7070 is offline   Reply With Quote