Thread: Kindle & RAR
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 06:08 PM   #34
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
You might try doing the same as what we did for unrar -
search the packages.debian.org site for whatever the name of this fuze-zip package is, find a pre-built binary.

(Most of the Kindle's system looks like it is from Debian, not hand built by lab126).
I'll take a look tomorrow! Thanks again Knc1!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I am curious why you use the path with more characters to type. I always use the shorter path (which also has more privileges, in this case). On other embedded systems that I work with, the "base-" mounts are read-only compressed filesystems, and the shorter mount names are the writable overlay filesystems. The underlying kindle filesystem is writable, but the "base-" mounts still have restricted privileges.

So, out of curiousity, why did you choose the longer "base-" mount name when they gave you two options, and most examples (including the startup scripts) only use /mnt/us/ ?
If you want to know, I'll explain: simply, I didn't know there was such a difference between /mnt/us and /mnt/base-us...
And this is the first time I face a problem using base-us so using base-us wasn't a problem for me!
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote