View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 01:52 PM   #43
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4S
I guess handwriting recognition is not for me. I was curious and made a little experiment: I typed/wrote the same text in several apps to see which was fastest for me. The sample text was a paragraph, in English, of about 570 characters. The time it took me to write it in my different apps was:

Notebooks 3'45
iA Writer 3'05
Knowtes 2'45

(The differences between these times are not really significant, I was typing the same text every time and typed faster as I was repeating it. After completing the test I made another try with notebooks and the time was 2'40).

Noteshelf: 4'16 (I was cheating a little here since when I made a mistake, instead of canceling or erasing, I just stroked through the word and wrote it again).

WritePad: 7'57 (and I left several mistakes, as it was just too much work going back to correct them).

I think that's it for WritePad. And for handwriting recognition, since even without wasting time on the recognition, I type faster than I write. Writepad would probably be less frustrating if I had an American handwriting, but still less efficient than the iPad's keyboard with a good note taking app (Notebooks remains my favorite so far).

And now I'll stop bothering you with my complaining.

Last edited by FlorenceArt; 06-09-2012 at 01:54 PM.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote