Thread: Tools Kindle & RAR
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 09:59 AM   #7
knc1
Embedded Cheerleader
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
Well, I'm trying to support CBZs and CBRs files for my ImageGallery.
CBZs are easy: I can rename to zip then unzip and everything is fine...
CBRs could be renamed to rar, but then I don't know what to do...

I need only unrar, but I really can't understand Debian, ARMv7 and so on...(Kindle is my first non-windows experience!)
Not a problem, other people here do and you don't have to get very deep into Linux to do what you state above...

So after following my post above...

You want to extract an rar named *.CBR and create an *.CBZ from the contents. Should be a piece of cake.

What about the password(s)?
If the *.CBR (a.k.a: *.rar) is password protected, do you want the same password protection on the *.CBZ (a.k.a: *.zip)?

Please correct me if I misunderstood something about those file format relationships.

Another (advanced) thought to keep in mind...
There is a filesystem driver for Linux that lets it open a *.zip as a filesystem.
I.E: You don't have to extract a file from the *.zip to read it, the *.zip just looks like a directory (folder).
Not sure if the Kindle has that filesystem driver installed or even included, but it is a thought to keep in mind.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote