View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 08:03 PM   #14
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook*, nexus 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
In the first segment of the Millennium Trilogy, there are 126 references to coffee in around 460 pages. In the sequel, The Girl Who Played With Fire, there are 115 references to coffee in around 440 pages. So between every third and fourth page, someone is either drinking coffee or Stieg is commenting about coffee. This is the two books and I doubt the third is any different. One criticism about Larrson's writing in these books is constant listing and over-descriptive attitude towards furniture in particular. Did anyone else this and what do you think about it?
I personally found the details about coffee and food (like naming brands) over the top. I read the first 2 books as there was lots of talk about them, but I found them average, and couldn't be bothered to try the 3rd.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote