View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 08:11 PM   #235
davidwfleming
Ebook Dude
davidwfleming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidwfleming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidwfleming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidwfleming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidwfleming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidwfleming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidwfleming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidwfleming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidwfleming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidwfleming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidwfleming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Nice post, Steven. I tweeted it and commented.

I began experimenting with direct calls to action at the end of some of my blog posts and I almost immediately sold a copy of my novel. (I hadn't sold a copy in weeks). It was like it happened almost exactly at the same time. Weird. Coincidence.

I got the idea for incorporating calls to action from a link to copyblogger.com that I found in another of these threads.

It struck me while I was reading copyblogger that all salesmanship consists of 1. making their mouth water 2. asking for the order. But almost no ever asks for the order in blogging or, for that matter, Indie Author content marketing. It seems to me like that's a pretty big handycap. It's like taking away half of salesmanship. In the past, I had experimented with picture links at the end of my blogs but now I'm just using a text-based call to action.
davidwfleming is offline   Reply With Quote