View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 06:10 AM   #103
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
i'm merely a reader but i've been buying ebooks long enough to form my personal guidelines on pricing.

i won't pay for any short story. imo they should be a free taste of your work. nor will i ever pay for samples, thats just ludicrous.

i'm willing to pay 99 cents for a novella, maybe as much as $2 if i know the author. anything more than that and its not worth it to me.

for novels, no more than $3 for a first time author. i think thats a nice fair price. i see some first timers charging $8-$10 for their books and i openly laugh at them and remove them from my recommendations. i won't even pay $10 for bestselling authors so an indie certainly won't see those bucks from me. i'll pay $5 or $6 if its an indie author i love.

take it or leave it, i just wanted to give the perspective of a buyer.

print is a different story. i'm willing to pay a fair price for an indie paperback, even if i'm unfamiliar with the author.

Last edited by xg4bx; 06-07-2012 at 06:14 AM.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote