View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 04:40 PM   #2
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD
Well, unlike the Story HD, the Cover Story has a recovery mechanism that works off SD card, and iriver has cover story remedy files on their homepage. If your device is already nigh unusable now (because it does not select you new books) it probably couldn't hurt to try those. Although they're intended to fix readers which are no longer booting, maybe it'll do something for you too...

In THEORY the cover story's recovery mechanism could also be used for other things but, I don't have a Cover Story, and I don't know the cover story's firmware at all, so...

I do wish they'd done the same for the Story HD though. Instead lots of people had to return readers to service (because they were bricked using firmware files provided by iriver... and they're still offering those for download). iriver is a tad unprofessional there.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote