View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 10:39 AM   #63
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmesar View Post
Thanks ixtab;
As far I understand the script take the “Kindle 3 voicepacks” (http://www.ge.tt/#!/8HHrZe8) and change the file structure / names to KT, in other words as are in “Kindle Touch localization stuff” (http://www.ge.tt/#!/9XeUvcC), so there must not be any difference in take K3 voce pack plus the script or the KT already…

Maybe the problem is the Diego’s Latino “ego” that refuses to be a female voice, but with Tom happen the same…. Or more seriously there are something in the TTS machine that make male voices are different to the female, on my K3w I never could build a pack Tom-Diego.

And also, a little big problem I am not Linux user, and do not know how to run the script…
I just tried it, and the result sounds reasonable. (well, as reasonable as a spanish voice can sound while reading a german book). So there is no problem with assigning Diego to be a female (even if it may hurt those inherent macho feelings ).

BTW, you don't need Linux to run the script. It's a Perl script, and it was written specifically so that it can also be run on Windows. But yes, you have to have Perl installed, and you do have to use the command line. Then again, you're in the developers forum here, so you should not be afraid of such procedures...

Anyway, I'm attaching the file that I used for trying this. (Note: this file will probably be removed again in the near future. All the required links to produce it are available from the last 2 posts...)
Update: file removed.

Last edited by ixtab; 06-04-2012 at 01:18 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote