View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 08:08 AM   #34
WT Sharpe
Grand Muckity-Muck
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Air, iPod Nano. Other devices gathering dust.
OK folks, here's some great news for those who use Noteshelf. As I mentioned before, I really love this app. I love the way it organizes notes, I love the way you can use various different covers for each notebook, and I love the fluid writing style produced when you put stylus (or finger) to screen. The only thing I don't like—and I really want this feature—is its lack of handwriting recognition. So I wrote to the company, and here's what I said:

Spoiler:
Great app. One feature request: handwriting recognition software to convert handwriting to editable text. I would buy that add-on module in a heartbeat!

Cheers!

William T. Sharpe

And here is their reply:

Spoiler:
Hi William,

Thank you for contacting Noteshelf support. Regarding "handwriting to text", we started to discuss with some companies who have a robust handwriting-to-text engines so we can integrate it into Noteshelf release. Kindly bear with us.

Best Regards,

[Company representative]

I've mentioned that I really love the way WritePad converts text, but if Noteshelf can come up with a conversion engine to match it (especially if it converts on-the-fly the way WritePad does), then I'll probably go back to Noteshelf. I do miss the way it is organized, with the bookshelf and the attractive covers.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 06-03-2012 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Add the words, "it's lack of" for clarification.
WT Sharpe is online now   Reply With Quote