View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 02:19 AM   #32
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4S
I already have the French dictionary, and it's not working properly. The words are there, but the recognition engine works very badly. Part of it could be improved by a long training period on my part, but other things I don't see improving. I spent several minutes trying to get it to recognize a very common hyphenated word. I even added it to the user dictionary. Nothing works, it still thinks it's two words instead of one. The best I was able to obtain was the two words with the hyphen attached to the first one and a space between the two. So I'd have to go back and delete the space, which is not easy to do.

I bought the app called writenote, not writenote French, maybe that's why. Writenote French has much better ratings on the app store. Maybe each version of the app (English, French, German...) is optimized for one language only. Since I bought Writenote with no language specified, I got the US English one.

But if that's the case, it would mean that I'd need to buy two apps if I want to write both in English and French, and the language packs are a lie. You pay 2.39 and get something that doesn't work anyway. They really need to rethink how they sell this app, and explain it clearly in the store.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote