View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 02:28 PM   #4
smallhagrid
Hillbilly
smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: EZReader
Ooops - I was trying to keep my query short & it looks like I left out some needed details:

Quote:
You do not mention if there is an existing Calibre library at that location?
Nope - Calibre has not even run - just installed the OS & asked before doing anything else.

Thank you, that's very good to know:
Quote:
IMHO (and dual boot user experience ) Mixing access (even if only 1 at any time) Windows and Linux is not a great idea. Filename Case issues will crop up.
I've not been using Calibre for book management under windows & it will ONLY be used for that under Linux.

The only previous usage of Calibre by me has been for it's conversion and such via the portable version's separate EXE files.

My plan going forward is to switch totally to Linux & get done with windows...and this PC has an existing very stripped-down installation of win2k only anyhow which I left there for just-in-case.

Since it looks like Calibre MUST copy all these into another location & structure of it's own creation=> how may I point that specifically to an empty/new mount point which I can create just for that purpose please ?

Last edited by smallhagrid; 06-01-2012 at 02:31 PM. Reason: bad memory ?
smallhagrid is offline   Reply With Quote