View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 02:11 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallhagrid View Post
I understand what Calibre does and so forth and refreshed my memory by completely reading this so as to TRY and avoid getting chewed out for asking:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=119175

Having said that, please (re-?) educate me, here's what I'm asking:

I've an existing collection with many titles stored in an existing mess on it's own drive letter.

Been using windows right along and now I'm starting with a Linux distro with Calibre already included in it.

The OS happily sees and mounts the NTFS drive with all it's books.

I am concerned that once I start this Linux version of Calibre and point it at the mount point with all those books it will commence to do what it did before; namely importing and copying all of them to my 'home' space or wherever it does that to (?).

Is there any way to get Calibre to USE what is already there without making a 2nd copy of each title someplace else ?

Please don't beat me for asking this, I know there is a philosophical difference between BOOKS and FILES, but at the same time having copies of copies and copies of the same stuff can make a huge and undesirable mess which I'd sooner not have to trace & clean up.

Thanks !
IMHO (and dual boot user experience ) Mixing access (even if only 1 at any time) Windows and Linux is not a great idea. Filename Case issues will crop up.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote