View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 08:23 AM   #11
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
I have very little experience with Android, but I don't think that you need to be rooted to use the same file between several apps. You can (I think) put a file in a common area similar to "my documents" on Windows or Mac OS and any app that can read this file type will be able to access it.
True, up to a point. The app you are using would have to include a file manager function to open/save to any folder. Many apps just create a default folder, and open/save from there. You can, however, navigate to the file with a file manager app and open it from the file list. If you haven't set a default app for the file type, you'll get a list of the apps that can handle that file type and you can choose which app to use. Whether or not the app you choose will actually open the file from that location or just give you an error message depends on the quality of the app

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
The fact that iOS does not allow this very basic functionality is extremely annoying.
Also true . But getting better with the "Open In" function.
I still remember using PalmOs, and having to use Palm Destop to get anything out of my PDA and onto my computer. Arrrrghhh!
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote