View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 09:53 PM   #22
pwalker8
Wizard
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I haven't read a single one of those and haven't even heard of most of the authors. How can you have a list of top fantasy novels without including anything by top earlier female authors. First you have the originals - Andre Norton, Marion Zimmer Bradley, Anne McCaffery [note - most of these put a SF facade over their fantasy (Dragon Riders of Pern series, Darkover series)]. Then you had the writers from the 60's and 70's - Katherine Kultz (Deryni series), Le Guin (Earthsea) and many others. Then the writers from the 70's and 80's (Moon, Mercedes Lackey, Emma Bull's classic War of the Oaks). Then we have J.K. Rowling. You also have youth authors such as Tamora Pierce, modern fantasy authors such as Patricia Briggs and Patricia Bray. I know I'm leaving off a ton of them.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote