View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 06:52 AM   #256
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppoo View Post
@geekmaster: THANKS!!! My KT is COMPLETELY DEBRICKED
I think you should add these code to your topic, to check whether image is OK:
Code:
mount -o loop -text3 /mnt/us/mmcblk0p1-kt-5.0.0.img /mnt/mmc
ls /mnt/mmc
umount /mnt/mmc
If it mounts at /mnt/mmc, but fails at /mnt/us/tmp, then you must have a problem with your /mnt/us/tmp directory. It must be empty. Perhaps windows left a hidden file in it, like the desktop.ini files that windows litters all over your hard drives.

I want to keep this as simple as possible. Adding your "check" steps would make it more complicated, thereby reducing the success rate. I just fsck my image files on my linux host PC (or in the kindle as I suggested previously).

In general, you can tell if the image was good or bad just by rebooting.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote