View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 11:51 AM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Check your credit card company's online site. Some credit cards, like Discover (and no, not only do I not work for them, I work for a competitor) offer the ability to create single-use or "obscured" credit card numbers. I never used it, but when I had a Discover Card, I remember it was part of their advertised benefits. You could create a single-use account number that translated to your card number when it was processed, but couldn't be stolen and used by anyone else.

I'm pretty sure I've seen them in other company's ads, but Discover is the only one I remember for sure.

The reason I mention this is that the prepaid Visa/Mastercard cards cost you money. Unlike most gift cards, you pay for the "privilege" of buying one of these. For an example, a $50 prepaid Visa might cost you $55.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote