View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 08:16 AM   #141
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfiera View Post
I'm finding some books with inline javascript...
I've seen a number of issues caused by javascript. Earlier versions of Sigil used to choke on it completely, stopping rendering of the page thereby corrupting your book. And with the new regex engine in Sigil 0.5.3 and all its awful bugs it seems I can't even remove the script blocks... my regexes just result in yet more blank lines being added to the header... sigh...

It's something I will consider at some point - of course it needs a QC to find books with such script blocks (both inline and external files) and then something to remove it all. Perhaps as part of ePub3 or whatever there are some intended usages for javascript, there is no place in my books for sure and most are just remnants of the original text being an interactive web page at some point before conversion to ePub.
kiwidude is online now   Reply With Quote