View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 10:00 PM   #20
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HDX 8.9, AuraHD, Nook HD+, Kindle 2,3,T , Opus, Nexus7, iPhone5, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
That's interesting, I guess it's can't be a problem of rights, because Overdrive has already ascertained that the rights to the books it offers in Canada are available in Canada? Seems like it would be easy to roll out internationally (but what do I know?).
OverDrive might be having trouble getting permission from Canadian publishers to allow Kindle lending? Since they started with Canadian publishers later than US perhaps the contracts are more restrictive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapking View Post
No market outside the U.S. has the Kindle Fire yet.
As you say Amazon hasn't built the accompanying digital media availability in other markets yet. The way they market the Fire I'd think they need to get that in place first? Not sure why their app store isn't international.

Quote:
No market outside the U.S. has the Kindle Touch 3G
You can get it on the UK, DE, FR, IT and ES sites.

It does seem strange that they don't have a separate Canadian Kindle store yet. I can't believe that they've given up on the market, but maybe that's coming. They seem to like to do it one site at a time and perhaps they felt there was more room for growth in the other markets?
AnemicOak is online now   Reply With Quote