View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 01:18 PM   #21
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwig View Post
Agreed, though on rare occasions it is necessary to have two different classes of scene break and using an ornament in one is reasonable.

When working with a single short story that lacks any chapter divisions you can encounter a situation where having both normal scene breaks (blank line only) and major scene breaks (blank line with ornament) is desirable. When I encounter these I prefer to avoid the asterisks even though there is reasonable "history" of these being used in print books for centuries. I prefer to use a small graphic ornament instead. Even so, these ornamented breaks should be the less common of the two.
I would agree with you. There are reasonable uses of ornamentation for scene breaks and there are different opinions than one person dictating to the world how things should be done.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote