View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 05:39 AM   #35
Iphinome
Paladin of Eris
Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You see nothing wrong with giving pirated books to people, or accepting them yourself? I'm afraid we'll have to agree to differ about that.
I see nothing wrong with the example given. Does it violate the license? Yep so what? Does it violate the letter of the law? Yep, so what? The law is unjust.

Giving someone a file and deleting your own copy at the same time fits with the spirit of the law. It is the electronic equivalent of giving someone a paperback you no longer want.

If your objection to piracy is based on ethics there's no reason at all to object to this kind of transfer of files. One book is payed for, that one book is only ever on one device. It just gets moved around.

If your objection is only that it falls afoul of some rules then I invite you to change alignment. Blind adherence to every arbitrary rule will drive you crazy, there's too damn many of them.
Iphinome is offline   Reply With Quote