View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 07:00 PM   #1
kcghost
kcghost began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (3.3)
UsbNetworking Install fails on jailbroken Kindle 3.3

I researched as much as I could on this problem, but could not find an answer or something else to try.

I recently jailbroke my Kindle Keyboard (Wifi), it has 3.3 firmware. After some trouble I found that update_jailbreak_0.10.N_k3w-3.2.1_install was sucessful, others gave me an "ERROR CODE: 3". I only know it was sucessful because of no errors and a "linkjail" folder appeared.

The screen is mostly broken, so the goal is to resurrect it as a somewhat useful device using SSH, so I tried the usbNetwork hack: update_usbnetwork_0.37.N_k3w_install
but i get "ERROR CODE: 3" upon installation.

Is there another version of usbNetwork I should be using? (I couldn't find many other versions). Or is there some easier way to get this to work? Thanks very much for any help on the subject.

Please keep in mind I cannot do much on the kindle itself, it took me awhile to Update it blind. I can see only the bottom portion of the screen, enough to enter in some commands through the search box when I need to.

By the way this may be useful info for those in such a situation as mine:
Update the kindle keyboard blind:
Press HOME,Menu,Up many times to the top, down 3, select, menu, up many times to the top, down 3 or 4 times depending upon sometimes grayed out option, select. If sucessful the Kindle will be unresponsive for a few moments before restarting.
kcghost is offline   Reply With Quote