View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 02:12 PM   #10
Danny.B
Danny.B began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
the OP asked for a 9 foot reader, not a 9 inch one.
On the off-chance that this was a typo (since he appears to be a French speaker)
Indeed, I'm looking for a 9 foot reader (size comparable to Kindle DX for example). Simple curiosity, but how does my french appear so clearly? By speaking that's understandable, but I thought it would not be like a rabbit in a shooting gallery by writing

Link with the debate around the tablet vs. the e-reader with the idea that
Quote:
On the tablet-is-bad-for-eyes subject, people stubbornly repeat what they themselves have read somewhere, but I haven't seen any conclusive proof.
I've to admit that I haven't heard nor read any conclusive proof or evidence. But I haven't also really looked for it. However, I strongly believe that this has an impact on eyes. I'm currently taking a medicine and one of its side-effect is having the eyes drier. After a day studying and writing on my computer (which has a "bright and reflective screen" such as tablets) I feel that my eyes are really tired even if I am working with light and a low luminosity on my computer. Compared with my previous computer which had a matt screen I definitely feel the difference. So for this reason I believe it is exactly the same with tablet with bright screen.

For the moment I am more up for the "Ectaco Jetbook Color", which has the advantage of having colors, but I'm still waiting as I'm not fully convinced about it.
Danny.B is offline   Reply With Quote